Planning and estimating – the AIT Wall Estimation ExtensionMittwoch, 10. Februar 2016
The marketplace for Visual Studio Team Services is constantly growing since November 2015 and teams of developers are sharing their tools. After the AIT Voting Extension was released in December 2015 we would like to introduce our latest AIT Extension, the AIT Wall Estimation Extension. This extension empowers you and your team to estimate your work items with spatially distributed members. The focus of this tool is to create a common platform for estimating the effort for each work item together.
– Estimate your work items easy and fast within your VSTS
– Bring all your distributed team members together virtually for your planning meetings
– Gain an overview about the current estimations of your backlog
For more information please refer to our short video tutorial:
- The work items you want to estimate have the state of ‚proposed‘ for Agile/CMMI or ’new‘ for SCRUM template.
- Make sure that each team member has enough user rights to edit work items in the selected team/project.
- Navigate to the teams or projects backlog in your VSTS, where the items are located, you would like to estimate.
- Now your team lead or any other team member can navigate to the settings page of the currently selected team/backlog.
- Choose a scale type within the ‚wall estimation‘-hub to estimate your work items, otherwise we will choose a default exponential scale for you. The scale type will be applied automatically to your estimation.
- After you have selected the appropriate scale for your estimation, just navigate back to your product backlog.
You can start the estimation by just hitting the ‚Wall Estimation‘ hub. Everybody else can now join your estimation to discuss and reach your next sprint goal!
Benötigen Sie Unterstützung bei der Software-Entwicklung und Architektur von .NET basierten Lösungen oder bei Einführung und Anpassung von Visual Studio / Microsoft Test Manager / Team Foundation Server?
Wir stehen Ihnen unter info(at)aitgmbh.de gerne zur Verfügung.